Thursday, February 10, 2011

Summer Sunshine


On my way into work today the sun was beaming through the train windows. I sat in a seat where the sun was hitting my face. It was so bright and it hurt my eyes but it felt good. It was warm and rejuvenating. I could almost imagine that it was summertime. When it gets to this point in the winter I get really restless. I have aches and pains and I just want warm fresh air and sunshine. I guess it's the mid-winter blues. I long for the days of heat and sun and beaches and flowers and green grass and ice cream cones and hot cement and sweat and shorts and flip flops and Saugatuck and farmer's markets and thunderstorms and the smell of suntan lotion and mojitos on the back porch and outdoor concerts and casual strolls through the neighborhood and....SUNSHINE. Soon, very soon. :)

2 comments:

  1. My only hope of feeling the sun on my skin anytime soon is our trip to AZ this April!! Hang in there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie, I only just noticed this comment! How did I not see it?!

    I want to go to AZ. I need warmth and SUN.

    ReplyDelete